Today during a test drive to try out engine mods to my car, I was listening to GB on the radio. He had a very good point and almost danced around what I really wanted him to say. His point was, that there is no room in the Democrat party for "moderates" anymore as liberals have so much power within the Dem power structure that the libs can effectively push moderates into voting with liberals via threats over campaign funding, among many other things that I would prefer not to list.

.png)
On the other side, Republicans or Conservatives are backed so far into a corner that they are much like a cornered wild animal. (For those of you who don't know, don't corner wild animals!)


The Republicans are becoming increasingly "reactionary." They are being forced to move beyond our typical "center right" view of Republicans and and more towards the European style right wing parties a.k.a extremist. The problem is, in 2011, there will be a batch of very angry Republicans on a warpath to take revenge on the Democrats for their actions since 2006 and before. Much of this began when Bush won the electoral vote in 2000, and Dems swore revenge. This is a scenario where nobody wins. The Repubs under Bush, "bent' the rules in major ways, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for not. The Dems than came into power after Bush tossed the rule book out and are running the country far closer to a dictatorship than a representative Republic.
Question: When Republicans get in in 2010, will they be any different? They already showed that rules can be "bent" if it reaches the desired outcome. Now they will be in power without any rules at all. I find that to be slightly unnerving.
*Note: I am in no way comparing the current Republican party to the Nazi party of Adolph Hitler, I am simply making the point that Bolshevism, and National Socialism (Fascism under Hitler) were born out of situations where the people were faced with making exclusive choices between extremist points of view and if we continue on this path, we will be faced with similar choices sooner rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment