Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first REC meeting:


In case some of you don't know, I have developed unique ties to the local Republican Party. (Something that, a year ago, I'd never imagine doing, but times change as do political winds and the local Republican party seems intent on listening to the complaints of the local 9/12 aka "tea party" movement. For those of you who don't understand, the REC is basically the local version of the RNC. Our support for local, state and national candidates, and our blog work in that area has gained us access into an REC meeting. This was really a big event as the topic of the evening was how the corruption of the current Republicans in power is being swept out and calls for closer ties to the "Tea Party" movement are being listened to. This was a unique experience for me as I have never been a part of any such anything like this. People that I support were present and speeches from all the local candidates seeking office from DC, to city councils were there and gave speeches. There is definitely momentum there as the average attendance for such a meeting from what I was told was in the 60's after the 08 election, and the attendance last night was 132. Some of this was because a big rising star in both the "tea party" and republican circles was in attendance. His name is Lt Col Allen West. (R) FL. Many of you may have heard of him. If you have not, you should, as I believe he has the "right stuff" to be President one day. If you have never heard of Lt. Col West, he has a very distinguished military record, and has been a pillar in the local community also. You can find out all about him and his campaign here:http://allenwestforcongress.com/. I was able to speak briefly with Lt. Col West, and offered my support both as a blogger and as a person to try and help his campaign however possible. I will be contacting his staff later today. All in all. this was a good start to what I hope will be a time when I can use this blog, and all my e-mail contacts to support these candidates. I also post on several local 9/12 oriented blogs and will also continue to utilize those to the best of my abilities to support the candidates that I believe will help grind the agenda of mr. obama, "dirty harry" Reid and Nancy Pelotox to a halt.
(Photos are Lt. Col Allen West giving a speech before the RNC, West gets standing O from the crowd and, gives me a closeup photo as we discuss blogger help)

No comments:

Post a Comment