As of now, I am still of the mind of trying to retake the Republican brand and make it the libertarian(ish) "party of Reagan." However, my patience with the 2 party system has been pushed almost over the edge with the whole McConnell healthcare debacle. So while I continue to try to work form the inside, I maintain the notion of having absolutely no loyalty to any party and can and will look at 3rd party candidates if Republicans and Democrats continue to be one big liberal party pretending not to be. This website I'm about to post demonstrates the exact reason I feel this way and and can't shake the feeling that going republican will ultimately be a repeat of 94, with a few good years and then some magician that no one can see or hear gradually turns the elephants into donkeys. Democrats should have understood that they were on a short leash with the American people when they won in '08. It was not, as many said, a generational shift, but was a reflection of he fact that many people in this country got sick of all the corruption under Bush and whatever party the Office of the Presidency belongs to is the party perceived to be in power. So with mostly republicans up for reelection in the Senate, and many of the most "conservative" folks feeling like they'd rather eat manure than vote for McCain, the Democrats got huge gains in the Senate, less so in the house. However it was on the coattails of Obama promising "transparency" and "no more earmarks" and a "bill will be online for 5 days for the public to view..blah blah. Now the Democrats will pay a huge price for their actions over the last 2 years, but my question is:have Republicans paid a high enough price for their actions which opened the door for the Democrats to do what they are doing now? In my gut, I doubt it. I am afraid that they only way to neuter Obama is with the Republicans at this point, but if momentum swings hard enough towards the independents say because of a shady deal between Republican leadership and the Democrats, then I just might change my mind. Either way, here is a website that shows some really good examples of why I am reluctant to go Republican, and you should be too:http://www.ourcaucus.com/index.html
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Something to consider...
As of now, I am still of the mind of trying to retake the Republican brand and make it the libertarian(ish) "party of Reagan." However, my patience with the 2 party system has been pushed almost over the edge with the whole McConnell healthcare debacle. So while I continue to try to work form the inside, I maintain the notion of having absolutely no loyalty to any party and can and will look at 3rd party candidates if Republicans and Democrats continue to be one big liberal party pretending not to be. This website I'm about to post demonstrates the exact reason I feel this way and and can't shake the feeling that going republican will ultimately be a repeat of 94, with a few good years and then some magician that no one can see or hear gradually turns the elephants into donkeys. Democrats should have understood that they were on a short leash with the American people when they won in '08. It was not, as many said, a generational shift, but was a reflection of he fact that many people in this country got sick of all the corruption under Bush and whatever party the Office of the Presidency belongs to is the party perceived to be in power. So with mostly republicans up for reelection in the Senate, and many of the most "conservative" folks feeling like they'd rather eat manure than vote for McCain, the Democrats got huge gains in the Senate, less so in the house. However it was on the coattails of Obama promising "transparency" and "no more earmarks" and a "bill will be online for 5 days for the public to view..blah blah. Now the Democrats will pay a huge price for their actions over the last 2 years, but my question is:have Republicans paid a high enough price for their actions which opened the door for the Democrats to do what they are doing now? In my gut, I doubt it. I am afraid that they only way to neuter Obama is with the Republicans at this point, but if momentum swings hard enough towards the independents say because of a shady deal between Republican leadership and the Democrats, then I just might change my mind. Either way, here is a website that shows some really good examples of why I am reluctant to go Republican, and you should be too:http://www.ourcaucus.com/index.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment