This actually happened to me yesterday. It is a demonstration of total corporate greed and why we must support the dismantling of the small business system that employs and drives our economy. Thanks to heroes like B. Hussein Obama, George (the corpse) Soros and The Goracle doing his best to save the planet in Copenhagen, Small businesses, such as the one I interacted with yesterday that did something to me so horrible I am having a hard time bringing myself tosay it, are becoming a dying breed. As most of you know, I have an old Honda Prelude. It is nothing special, but it is all original and is a 1 owner car before I owned it and I intend to keep it as original as possible. On the drivers seat on the left lumbar support, there was a tear in the fabric. It is right at the spot where keys in pocket rub the seat as you enter and exit the car. I got out the phone book to call some upholstery shops to get a price to fix it. The first one I called asked me to bring my car down and he'd take a look and give me a price. I drove down to his shop, and the owner got out of the Ferrari he was making a custom interior for and came over, looked at my seat and said I got this. I asked how much, he said no, you don't have to pay, I'll just patch and sew it up really quick for free and when you want to have it redone so it is in as good a shape as the rest of your interior, i'll give you a really good deal. I was quite happy and he did exactly that. He told me where to get the fabric and the foam so that when I have it fixed properly, the parts are cheaper too. Does this not show the ultimate in capitalist greed. This is a perfect example of how the rich are taking advantage of the poor. This fellow did not have to do that for me. He could have charged me alot of money, and based on the cars in his shop, he makes a good living but he took 20 minutes out of his day do donate a little time to a guy who doesn't have a fancy car and doesn't have tons of money but is happy with and takes good care of the car he has. It is people like leonard who fixed my seat who are the fabric of this country. It is people like him that make this country the best in the world. He owns a small business with just a few employees. He works hard and treats his customers and their cars right. He appreciated that I work hard to keep my car clean and am slowly restoring it. I took some photos of the cars in his shop. I will also give him a plug on this blog as I promised him I would. It is moments like that that help me to remember that we surround them, and we are winning. This country is full of good decent people who quietly live their lives. Unfortunately they are often drowned out by the noise created a few scumbags especially in hollywood and DC, but in between, America is full of good people who give away more to charities and of their time and abilities than any Nation in history. This is simply a good example of just such people. I thought this would be a good post to end the week with, and got some photos of some really cool cars to add. Anyone in S.Florida that wants good interior work done on their cars check out:
Statewide Auto Upholstery. (Convertible tops, complete Auto and Boat upholstery)
Leonard Karpeichik 1696 Old Okeechobee Rd. 33409 561-640-9247, fax 561-684 0158
Now lets see some sweet rides:
Now isn't this a sweet way to start a weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment