Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Moment of silence for 9/12!!!!!


Today I went to the Apple store to buy the boxed version of the software I have been using to come up with all the cool artwork lately. For the last 3 weeks I have been taking the "demo" for a test drive. I have to say, I absolutely love this software. It is easily the most fun artistic program I have ever used. It is at the top of a list of many music and video editing programs, I have used since 1999. the thing with such programs is that if you get god quality results, the work involved is tedious. The software that is most fun is too simple when it comes to results. Whether Audio or video, this tradeoff almost always takes place, but with this video software I have found a rare exception. I can take things right out of my insane imagination and let you see them. It is truly amazing artistic software and my hats off to the guys that designed it.
As my time was running out for my trial run, I had the choice of ordering the download, or paying a few bucks more for the boxed set. I was in the mood to take the prelude for a spin so I drove up to the Palm Beach Gardens Mall to the Apple store. Now for those who have never been in or seen an Apple store, it is sort of like a Starbucks but with Laptops instead of Lattes and Imacs instead of Iced coffee. The Apple Store has a very laid back lounge sort of feel with most if the employees being college age, as well as many of the those in the store being the same way. An Apple store is basically an internet cafe without the coffee. So I went to the apple store to pick up this software and I just so happened to have been wea
ring my 9/12 hat. Now when I entered the store there were lots of people talking and it was the typical hustle and bustle of the Apple store. Now I noticed that by the time I got to the front of the line the store was very quiet. I looked up and I was getting some stares from some rather long haired unshaven types. I looked down and went about my business. As I left the Apple store, I stopped in the entrance/exit and texted a
friend. I asked then if they thought wearing 9/12 garb in an Apple Store would get attention. My friend replied no more than wearing 9/12 garb in a welfare office or the disability office.

I just wanted to use this forum here to that those
folks for the moment of silence in deference to those of us who cared for this country enough who cared enough to stand united in DC for our freedoms including our freedom to assemble, a right which was being asserted at the Apple Store, along with freedom of speech and above all the right to buy and sell I.E. Capitalism!!!!!
I hope, along with you that this new software is a helps our blog to grow and inspires me to do more and better artwork on s daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment