Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a point about Wexler


There is one thing I want to emphasize, this is NOT a victory for me. It is a victory for everyone who blogs with us. We all do our part and we all inspire each other to do more and work harder so I want no cred for this whatsoever. This is a victory for all of us, and the pro-liberty bloggers in general. Now I hope this inspires you to take a lesson that KOOK and I took from DC...LOCALISM COUNTS!!!!!!! Go after your local politicians. There are several of you who are not far from Murtha land. Go after him. Do internet searches into his campaign contributions, corruption alligations, ect. and see what you dig up. Make a contact or two with your local media as well. Most Newspaper writers print an e-mail address, send out feelers saying that you are a blogger investigating stories of political corruption and see what kind of response you get.The newspapers are looking for an edge on stories now because of 24 hour news and internet news. If you told me a year ago that Wexler would be forced from office because of corruption allegations, I'd have said your'e nuts. If you told me that the origin if that story would be local bloggers and a local news agency that got the ball rolling on this, I'd have called ST. Mary's and aranged for the paddywagon to come and take ou to the nice soft white room where they give you the happy shots that make you go niteynite! The bottom line is Wexler had huge ties to Acorn and property fraud. You may remember the story that Kook and I did about the Versailles neighborhood and the "houseflipping" that was going on there. Well apparently the money trail led from ACORN to Wexler. In some sort of a deal with prosecutors he agreed to step down.
Ed Lynch (R) who ran against Wexler in 08 and promised to oust him in 2010 for getting the FBI to investigate this story and how deep the corruption runs within Wexlers Office. Lynch, who has strong law enforcement ties has kept the heat on Wexler for a long time. I spoke to Lynch at the Wexler/Hastings protest and told him that I am a local blogger and asked him if he would take advantage of the blogs and the good people who take their time to do them and he said "absolutely." I am considering volunteering for his 2010 campaign now. From what I gathered in Lynch's speech, he is a pro-liberty (libertarian leaning) Republican. Having heard his campaign speech, I would definitely support him. Well, it is nice to get this out as I have been wanting to discuss this for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment