Rep Wexler (d) FL is having a "Town Hall" meeting. When he discovered the demand for tickets, he gave them to his political allies so he'd have a friendly crowd. In response, tea party organizers from Miami to St. Lucie are organizing a tea party to begin 1hr before the meeting to possibly make it impossible to get in. I believe it is my civic duty as a tea bagging evil mongering terrorist to attend this event. Wish me luck on this one. This may get quite rowdy as there is much pent up anger against Wexler. My relationship with county police is iffy at best and if the crowd got violent and a county cop remembers me from my youth, they would be happy to pick me up. I have already been warned (by someone on the inside). Obviously, playing with fire and listening when warned are not high on my list of major concerns. So if I disappear for a few days, I will be getting 3 squares a day and continuing my 15 year undefeated streak at scrabble while in county detention. If that happens, I will be out in a day or two and can handle myself in jail just fine. All that aside, I am not out to break laws, but to prevent passage of bad ones. There are still a few cops that remember how I used grey areas of the laws to do what should have been and now is illegal and cops hate getting beat on technicalities over and over and they are good at holding grudges, and while I have several friends in the police as as well as support law enforcement in general, there are those cops that remember my younger years and don't really believe people can change.
If you want to see the event and protest live, you can do so at WPTV.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment